• When you first burn your candle, burn it until the wax pool reaches the edge of the glass (in fact, where you can, always burn your candle until the wax pool reaches the edge of the glass). This will ensure your candle always burns flat and you get the most from your candle, avoiding the wax forming into a funnel in the centre.
• ALWAYS trim your wick. Every time before or after you use your candle. This ensures the wick doesn’t ‘mushroom’ and smoke.
• If smoking occurs, extinguish the flame, retrim the wick to ½ cm, remove trimmings and relight
• Discontinue burning when you have 1.5cm or less in your candle. Do not refill containers with wax.
• Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar, as it may become hot. Handle carefully.
• Always place your candle on a heat resistant surface.
• Do not leave your candle unattended and keep away from children, curtains and pets.
• Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. Blow it out, trim the wick and then re-light once the candle has cooled.
• If you are burning more than one candle in the same room, ensure you leave at least 10cm between both burning candles.
• If your glass has got soot around the edge (because you haven’t been trimming your wick – tut tut), use a paper towel to gently wipe it off. Your candle will look as good as new.
• Glass containers are fragile; handle with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when handling the lid, and don’t use jars that are cracked, chipped or scratched.
Scented tea lights
• Do not burn in an enclosed space like a Tart®/melt burner. For this purpose, use unscented tea lights only and be sure the burner is well-ventilated.
• If wick smokes or builds up carbon, extinguish flame and remove the carbon before relighting.
• Votives are designed to liquefy; burn them only in appropriate holders, never burn freestanding.
• Place a melt in a suitable melt burner and light an unscented tea light candle beneath.
• To change fragrances；
• Extinguish the flame and use a potholder to pick up the burner and pour the liquid wax into a lined wastebasket
• Or you can harden the wax in a freezer after it has cooled completely, and pop it out into the palm of your hand.
• Or, once the melt has
hardened you can light the tea light for approximately 2 minutes or less to
just melt the bottom. The Tart® should slide out easily with very little melted
wax in need of disposal.